History of BrewHop Trolley
How “getting your hops on” in the Front Range all got started
By now, surely you’ve heard about the fun you can have if you Hop On + Hop Off the BrewHop Trolley, but do you know how it all started? This weekend marks the 3 year anniversary of BrewHop Trolley, so we would love to give you a peek into how it all began with our fearless, innovative, and beer-loving leaders: David + Radha Lewis.
A second generation Longmont native and beer enthusiast, David Lewis and his wife Radha, set out to connect the community and visitors to the bustling brewery, cidery and distillery scene in his Colorado hometown. In 2016, they bought their first trolley, Dennis Hopper, and started looping around town with their Hop-on + Hop-off trolley route. This is a great way to connect people with the booming craft beer lifestyle here in the Front Range.
What started as a one-man trolley tour has grown into a multi-fleet charter company with three vintage trolleys: Dennis Hopper (the O.G. and the work horse), Scooter (the Big Bertha of our fleet) and Molly Trolley (the cutie patootie, she’s small but she’s mighty). While the Longmont Loop is still going strong with guests coming to Hop-On + Hop-Off every Saturday + Sunday, we’ve expanded to also provide private charters. This offers a unique and fun way of transportation for weddings, bachelor and bachelorette parties, birthdays, corporate outings, sporting events, reunions, holiday festivities, and all events wanting a fun way of transportation in the Front Range of Colorado. You get to choose where the trolley will go from Denver to Fort Collins and beyond. The schedule is completely up to you! You also may bring food and beverages on board, alcohol (provided by you) is allowed for guests 21 and over. We will provide water bottles, a cooler for your beverages, and each trolley is equipped with SiriusXM and has an AUX input for your personalized playlist.
We at BrewHop Trolley are passionate about our roots, working with local vendors, community organizations and non-profits. Our commitment to the community has won us the recognition of multiple awards and grants:
- Longmont Area Chamber of Commerce | Best Micro Business | 2018
- Visit Longmont Board of Directors | Hospitality Appointee | 2018-2019
- Longmont Economic Development Partnership | Target Industries Grant | 2018
- Visit Longmont | Tourism Grant | 2018
- Longmont Area Chamber of Commerce | Rookie Business of the Year | 2017
We love Longmont and we love Colorado, and it’s a large part of our business to be able to give back and show our appreciation whenever possible.
You can still find David on board the weekend Longmont Loop Hop-On + Hop-Off tours; waving at locals, welcoming visitors and doing what he loves best, connecting with people in the community. A true trolley man at heart, next time you see him out and about be sure to say “Hi Dave!”
As a way to celebrate our 3 year anniversary, we are offering fun loops in Fort Collins + Longmont for you to choose from this weekend!
FOCO Brew Tour
– Saturday, May 25th – Hop on in Longmont and relax as we take you to some old favorites and a few new ones in Fort Collins! Breweries include: Equinox Brewing, Red Truck Beer, Funkwerks, Odell Brewing, New Belgium, Prost Brewing, Snowbank Brewing, and Horse & Dragon Brewing Co. Tickets can be found HERE.
– Saturday, May 25th + Sunday, May 26th – We will also be running our Hop on + Hop off loop throughout Longmont with visits to: 300 Suns Brewing, Wibby Brewing, Pumphouse Brewery, Longs Peak Pub, Dry Land Distillery, St. Vrain Cidery, Longtucky Spirits, Shoes & Brews, Großen Bart Brewery, Bootstrap Brewing, Lefthand Brewing, and the Tasty Weasel (Oskar Blues). Grab your tickets HERE.
We appreciate all of the love, support, and business we’ve received in the last 3 years, and we look forward to continue to bring you fun events throughout Colorado.